Thursday, January 21, 2010

BP4_2010011SettingUpGoogleReader

The five educational sites that I've subscribed to are listed below with their active URL's. I've chosen each one because I believe that in some way they will be resourceful toward my professional development as an Educator.

1) Bible in the Schools
This was my first AR topic, but because of its vastness and extensive amount of research, it would be too overwhelming to finalize its implementation before graduation. I was also advised that a topic of this type is basically "a change of policy", not new research and should not be pursued. I would still like to pursue having Bible curriculum in the public schools in my county and will eventually begin petitioning my neighbors, local Pastors, etc. who can direct me in this endeavor sometime in the future after graduation in Oct '10

2) Net Family News
Since the topic of media literacy is still a relatively "hot item", it is in my best interest to stay abreast of current issues related to it. Informative blogs on the subject are available here and the author shows concerns about cyber safety for kids on the net and other internet concerns associated with the family.

3) Edutopia
Edutopia provides great discussion topics and forums that generate healthy debate. Any Educator who wants to stay on top of current events in the field of Education should be a subscriber! It's like a daily newspaper for Educators.


4) Little fun, Little learning
Since Kindergarten is my area of experience (and maybe expertise), I subscribed so that I can benefit from the ideas, creativity, and lesson planning from other K teachers. It appears that there are discussion topics as this is a blog forum, so being able to collaborate with other teachers on my grade level will be advantageous for me.

5) Go2Web2.0.net--Web Applications Index
This site is just fascinating! I had no idea about the number of web tools that exist (and are being created) for specific applications everyday! As a subscriber, I will receive the latest updates on the newest tools available for use. And the nicest thing about it, is that most of the tools are free!

No comments:

Post a Comment